- Over 10 years’ experience in Academic Research and Development for Medical Devices and Surgical Education for Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- Over Two years’ experience in Policy Decision and National Project Creation for Medical Devices in National Research Institute (AMED), Japan.
- Ability to design academic research projects (RCT) and write articles, to investigate medical needs for developing medical devices from doctors and co-medicals, to design and develop surgical simulators, to educate surgical skills for surgeons.
- Experienced in managing project team members as a manager (development for medical devices), creation five national projects as a leader, execution an academic event in JSES as a leader.
- Experienced in establishment a corporation for medical device development as the principal founder.
- Ph.D. degree (Medicine) in Kyushu University, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Department of Advanced Medical Initiatives, Fukuoka, Japan, in March 2014.
- Ph.D. degree Course in Kyushu University, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Department of Advanced Medical Initiatives, Fukuoka, Japan, from April 2008 to March 2012.
- M.S. degree (M.Med.Sci.) in Kyushu University, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Department of Advanced Medical Initiatives, Fukuoka, Japan, in March 2008.
- B.S. degree in Ehime University, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Matsuyama, Japan, in March 2006.
- Visiting Associate Professor, Depertment of Pediatric Surgery, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences Kagoshima University, from April 2020 to Present.
- Visiting Lecturer, Medical Simulation Center, Jichi Medical University, from February 2020 to Present.
- Director in Allm Inc., from April 2019 to Present.
- Visiting Lecturer in Kyushu University Department of Advanced Medical Initiatives, Faculty of Medical Sciences, from April 2019 to Present.
- Visiting Researcher in Kagoshima Univerity, Department of Pediatrics, Field of developmental Medicine, Course of Health Research, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, from April 2019 to Present.
- President in MedTech Links, Japan, from February 2019 to Present.
- Associate Professor in Chiba University, Center for Frontier Medical Engineering, from April 2017 to 2019.
- Assistant Professor in Kyushu University Hospital, Center for Clinical and Translational Research, from April 2017 to 2019.
- Deputy Manager in Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED), Division of Medical Device Research Department of Industrial-Academic Collaboration, from January 2016 to 2018.
- Assistant Professor in Kyushu University, Center for Clinical and Translational Research, from August 2015 to December 2015.
- Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Department of Advanced Medical Initiatives, from April 2014 to July 2015.
- Research Fellow in Kyushu University, Center for Advanced Medical Innovation, from April 2012 to March 2014.
- Research Associate/Assistant in Kyushu University, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Department of Advanced Medical Initiatives, April 2008 to March 2012.
Professional interests and skills
# Business Field: He has developed a Surgical Simulator for Laparoscopic Surgery. The simulator was achieved to an objective evaluation for laparoscopic suture ligature skills using five criteria for the first time in the world. The Kyoto Kagaku which was cooperated with him has advanced into the field of surgery from nursing with this simulator. He has applied a new project which is using IoT and AI technology to a national project (AMED) only one week after joined a new company in April 2019.
# Government Agency: He has created four national projects to develop innovative and next generation medical devices in AMED. These projects have been based on medical needs from doctors and co-medical staffs. He investigated medical needs by hearing (interview) from more than 500 medical staffs directly to create the projects in less than one year.
He also manages project teams.
# Academic Working: He has made contributions to the field of Motion analysis and Medical imaging to investigate Surgical training/simulation system and Surgical navigation system, based on the studies on Statistical Analysis and Image Analytics. His research interests are in Surgical training, Surgical education, Psychology, Surgical image, Surgical navigation, Surgical simulation, Dental implant accuracy and Motion analysis based Chaos systems.
- Hardware skill: Mechanical designs of simple mechanisms and small scale of data base (i.e. DICOM server) server system. Experience in development of devices and data management server in surgical navigation and training fields.
- Software/Network skill: Image processing programming on platform: Windows, Mac OS X and Linux in using C / C++ and general programming skill on Microsoft Visual Studio and Xcode. Experience in development of surgical navigation system for arthroscopic surgery using commercial base AZE Virtual Place SDK.
- Technical writing skill: Academic literatures writing with English and Japanese, Applications for national projects (AMED, NEDO, JSPS, JST and some public institutions) with English and Japanese.
- Language: Intermediate in English. His native language is Japanese.
- Innovative Research Award from the 20th Needlescopic Surgery Meeting, Japan in Feb. 2019.
- Paper Award (Medical) from the 24th Japan Society of Computer Aided Surgery in Nov. 2016.
- Young Investigator Award from Biomedical Engineering Society and IEEE EMBS Singapore Chapter with Anniversary Asian Conference on Computer Aided Surgery in Jul. 2015.
- Presentation Award from the 22nd Japan Society of Computer Aided Surgery in Feb. 2014.
- 2nd Place Technology Innovation Award from 14th International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare in Jan. 2014.
- Excellent Presentation Award from the 12th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conference in Dec. 2011.
- Young Investigator Award (Silver Award) from the 19th Japan Society of Computer Aided Surgery, in Nov. 2010.
Professional Society Membership
- International Society for Computer Aided Surgery. Member, from Jan. 2013
- Japan Society for Endoscopic Surgery, Member, from Aug. 2010.
- Japan Society of Computer Aided Surgery, Member, from April 2007.
- Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Member, from April 2006.